HostGator is another big name in the web hosting industry being in the best list since 2002. The company was founded by Brent Oxley from scratch and just in 7 years later (in 2009), it manages to build 2,00,000 active customers. In 2012 the company was acquired by EIG, who purchased other big hosting companies in the past few years, along with BlueHost.
Are you thinking to start a blog like qmouz.com then Hostgator is one best option to start with.
Because, Hostgator is one of the oldest, largest and most popular hosting companies on the internet since 2002 and I am glad, I found this to host my blog to make online. Yes, qmouz.com is hosted with Hostgator.com from January 2017.
After this long time experience, I have written explained review on HostGator to see if what they have to offer is what you need in order to run a successful website, on self-hosted WordPress.
Note: I have not written this review after finding information from the internet. As it’s my personal experiences that I have detailed about HostGator review.
I am also going to share with you true vision of the pro. and cons. that I think, you must aware before deciding to sign up with Hostgator hosting.
I have mentioned all stuff about it. So kindly give your 10 minutes to read their must-known information about their hosting services listed below:
1. About Hostgator
2. Pros & Cons of Hostgator
3. Performance – Speed Test Results
4. Server Response Time
5. Hosting Plans & Features
6. Tech Support & Customer Services
7. Hostgator Coupons
Here’s a BONUS DEAL Exclusive for YOU:
To get you started, I’ve negotiated a SPECIAL 60% OFF DISCOUNT EXCLUSIVE for HarpreetKumar.Com readers…
You can get started with HostGator for only $2.75 per month by signing up through the button below.
You won’t get a better deal anywhere like this!
Hurry! This offer is only for the limited time.
As I mentioned earlier, Hostgator was started in 2002 by Brent Oxley which accrued by another company known EIG, was already managing Bluehost.
Hostgator registered over 8 million domains, having 2 lac plus customers all over the world. They have 1150+ employees to serve 24×7 days support for their customers. Here is a screenshot of their support:
Pros & Cons of Hostgator
1. Offers discounted deals and coupons to save money on sign 1st time sign up.
2. Plans available on both Linux and Windows server platforms.
3. It has recognized a brand name in the web hosting industry.
4. Offers a large variety of hosting plans suitable for most websites.
5. Uses cPanel (Linux) & Plesk (Windows) for domain management. That easier to understand for beginners.
6. Industry standard hosting features for both advanced use & beginners at affordable prices.
7. 24×7 days support for popular CMS scripts and programming languages.
8. Best for Reseller hosting services at reliable charges.
9. Quickest customer support via telephone, live chat, & email.
10. Cheaper WordPress hosting packages for WordPress users.
1. Does not offer free domain like Siteground and Bluehost.
2. Not suited for everyone budget. As it has expensive prices and renewal rates.
3. Weebly website builder is pointless and outdated is one of big disadvantage.
4. CMS platforms plans come with a lack of additional services.
HostGator Review on Performance
Don’t hesitate to try Hostgator when you are really serious about online business.
If you don’t that may result in you buy bad hosting and later you come to know your site goes slow even sometimes not even loading properly. So what you will do? Switch to another hosting right? Ya ofcourse but this will cost more money and time again.
That’s why I always recommend you should go with Hostgator (try Bluehost or Siteground alternatives too).
Here is a quick speed test result screenshot that generated by Pingdom speed test tool.
HostGator Hosting Plans and Features
Hostgator provides 5 types of hosting plans according to your needs which I will explain here.
As you can see in the above screenshot, they have 4 major service categories listed below. (In above screenshot shared hosting package not included as I will explore that too.)
- Shared Hosting: When you are fresh in blogging, shared hosting is my first recommendation to start with. They allow you to easily set up your website.
- Cloud Hosting: Suitable for growing websites and business online as there are several machines working together to power your site.
- WordPress Hosting: This package especially for WordPress self-hosted websites where easy to keep away your site from common WordPress attacks and issues.
- VPS Hosting: When your site gets a lot of traffic and it goes freeze and VPS hosting is the only solution to keep it live and smoothy. So, if in case you need more space, you can certainly get it anytime. but it’ll cost you again.
- Dedicated Hosting: Here you a choice to the selection of Linux or Windows. But it also comes with great responsibility because you’ll have to maintain it by yourself.
Above are 5 most seen hosting plans that HostGator offers. You can choose from shared hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated servers, cloud hosting, and WordPress hosting plans according to your needs.
All these plans are feature rich and suitable for different budget and hosting requirements.
HostGator Review – Support and Customer Service
Hostgator customer services are amazing. They are available for 24/7 days over the phone call and live chat support as well as ticket based email support.
Once you sign up for Hostgator, inside the hosting dashboard you can find live chat support along with email ID and mobile number by contacting over phone calls. They have also written knowledge-based 1100+ articles with 600+ video tutorials.
Finally, here is Hostgator review in which I have discussed everything about. So what you think, is HostGator comfortable for your business or not? I am sure it is. So here is a huge discount deal to start with Hostgator.
Over 2 million customers already settled with Hostgator. No matter you are just starting a new blog or need a necessary tool to bring your business next level.