Do you ever hear about SBI EMS portal? Ofcourse you didn’t, so that’s why you are reading this article.
Generally, EMS stands for Enterprise Messaging Service. SBI EMS portal is basically for the employees of the bank. This is an email address, assigned for each and every employee who is working within State Bank of India or any of its associate branches like SBBJ, SBH etc.
Here, I must say, SBI EMS login access is not for every employee in the bank. So that means everyone in the bank cannot access the portal.
All the employees who are willing to create an account in the State Bank Enterprise messaging system are important to contact the Admin or EMS local header in SBI bank by self, in order to receive a login ID/username and password on the onlinesbi page.
SBI EMS login process
In order to login, you must have access to EMS SBI portal. If you owe, then let’s start the guide:
Step 1: First of all go to SBI EMS login portal page ems.sbi.co.in.
Step 2: After the portal displayed, you will enter the username and select the correct domain. For example, SBI employees would have to select sbi.co.in. Similarly, State Bank of Hyderabad employees would have to select sbh.co.in.
Step 3: After entering the username, enter your password and Click on Sign In button. In a few moments, you will be redirected to the EMS Dashboard.
Congratulations you have successfully login in 3MS SBI account portal.
Points to keep in mind for EMS users
Below are some important points that you must be considered in regards to the EMS Portal:
- The login ID and Password that were provided to the employee will be a one-time use. Thus means must need to update it on the first-time login to SBI EMS.
- EMS Password is valid for 90 days only. After this period it will automatically invalid. Hence user must have to change it regularly within 90 days.
- If a user enters wrong login password 5 times. He/she account will be locked for the next 30 minutes.
- If in case, anyone changes his/her browser proxy setting then he will be blocked to access the EMS portal.
- SBI EMS activation request needs to be raised by the Admin or the EMS head in the IT department that takes about 24 hours to activate successfully.
SBI EMS self-password reset process
Online SBI enterprise messaging self-password reset process is simple. If an employee will forget his/her login password he/she have to call EMS call centre to reset the password. You can contact SBI Email desk via three medium and the details of all three are mentioned below:
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone – 0222756679
- VOIP – 100123, 100124 and 100127
You can contact the desk in case of any further query or help related to your Enterprise Messaging Service.