Curious about your valuable items like cash, jewellery and documents etc.? Well bank locker is the safest place to store these precious items.
Though, several Indian banks offer locker facilities to the customers but the SBI group is one of the best bank for your valuable items.
SBI takes full responsibility to keep customers’ assets secure and theft proof. Thus, it is not that easy to open a bank locker. Before opening, you need to do a lot of homework.
So, if you are willing to open a SBI locker then here are charges that you are going to pay according to the locker size.
Below are the SBI Locker charges that applied to various sizes in 2018.
SBI Locker charges 2018-2019
General charges for SBI locker
Here is the screenshot of General SBI locker charges details displayed below:
- For Small sized lockers, the customers in the Urban and Metro cities will have to pay Rs 1500 + GST while the customers in the Rural and Semi-Urban areas will have to pay Rs 1000 + GST.
- For the Medium sized lockers, the Urban and Metro customers need to pay Rs 3000 + GST and the Rural and Semi-Urban customers need to pay Rs 2000 + GST.
- The rent charges for the Large-sized lockers is Rs 6000 + GST for the Metro and Urban customers while the rent charges for Semi Urban and Rural customers is Rs 5000 + GST.
- SBI charges for Extra Large sized lockers is Rs 9000 + GST for the Metro and Urban customers while for the Semi-Urban and Rural customers the rent charge is Rs 7000 + GST.
Additional expenses charged by SBI for locker facilities
Here is the screenshot of additional SBI locker charges details displayed below:
- SBI Charges one-time locker registration fees. For small and medium-sized lockers, SBI charges Rs 500+ GST while for the Large and Extra Large lockers the charge is Rs 1000 + GST.
- If you lost the locker key, you need to pay a fine of Rs 1000 + GST.
- If you are defaulter customer not making payment for locker rent, you need to pay R,s 1000 + GST.
- The bank would charge extra expenses for breaking open the locker and replacing a new lock if in case you lost the key.
- SBI offers 12 visits free, but customers have to pay Rs 100 + GST every time they visit after the end of free visits.
As you can seein above screenshots. Every section has different size lockers i.e. small, medium, large & extra large. These all lockers also available with different charges with annual rent.
I hope now you know everything about SBI locker charges. Either you can visit the SBI Bank and discuss the facilities and terms before registering a locker.